Search This Blog

Friday, September 12, 2014

Reading Journal Week 3 - Fan Fiction

          As I walk away from the house, I look around me just to make sure no one is following me and I dash around a corner and into an alley. I creep behind a dumpster and feel for a handle. I pull the handle and a door slides open. I walk inside what was called the Hob.
          "Hey Gale!" said Greasy Sae, "What have ya got for us today?"
          The room wasn't fancy, but it had the smell of an amazing restaurant. People were sitting around the bar drinking whiskey and talking loudly.
          "Nothing much, just a rare wild dog!" I said, excited.
          "A dog?! Seriously? We haven't had one for over a year, how'd you kill it?"
          "It was just stuck in one of my traps."
          "That's it? That seems too easy..."
          "I know, that's what I thought."
          "Oh well, I'd better get the pots boiling, 'cause were having dog stew tonight!"
          I walked farther into the room and sat at the bar next to a guy a couple years older than me named Darius.
          "Any luck with the girl?" he said.
          "Who, Katniss?" I asked, surprised.
          "Yeah, who else would I be talkin 'bout."
          "She doesn't bring any romantic things up when we're out hunting. It seems like she doesn't want to get married, like ever."
          "If you were as awesome and attractive as me you would be fine getting her to marry you."
          "Are you-- Y-you're trying to get my girl!" I yelled, mad.
          "No, I-"
          "Don't make up any excuses, I-I'll show you who she'll fall for, just wait and see!"
          I stormed out of the Hob and walked back home, but not before checking up on Katniss.


Hope you liked my story. Please +1 and share!

1 comment:

  1. Now you've got me really suspicious of the dog thing. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but the amount of time you gave it made me suspicious.

    There's something about the conversation there are the end that seems really off. I think it sounds unbelievable because the stuttering stuff out of Gabe feels out of character, and there's no description between the words to give a picture in my mind about how people are reacting/posturing around what is being said.

    ReplyDelete