Search This Blog

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Reading Journal Week 2 - Fan Fiction

          I walked through the woods with bow in hand and a sheath on my back. I had set trapps earlier and am now waiting for animals to be trapped in them. It was more boring than usual because Katniss was at home sick and she (finally) let her mom take care of her for a little while. It was a shame really, it was such a nice day to go hunting. As I wait for animals to be trapped, I pick berries for the Mayor.
          I've waited long enough. I thought. I should check the traps.
          I walk toward my first trap and find a squirrel, I stuff it into my pack. The second trap has nothing in it, which is odd. Maybe I should put it in a different spot next time, the animals probably got used to it being there already. I walked to my third trap and was surprised to see a wild dog! I haven't caught one in ages... I picked it up and stuffed it halfway into my bag because it was too big to fit.
          I walked back to the fence of district 12, my home. I walked to a tree and but my bow and arrows in a bush beside the tree. I crawl between the broken wires of the fence and walk down the street. I walk to the mayor's house and leave the wild berries in front of the door. Next door is the baker's house, I knock on the door and give him the squirrel. He quickly grabs the squirrel and stuffs it into his own bag, afraid of being seen by his monster of a wife. His son Peeta waves to me from the corner of the room.
          As I walk away from the house, I look around me just to make sure no one is following me and I dash around a corner and into an alley.

End of Part 1 - Please + 1 and Share (Part 2 next week)

No comments:

Post a Comment